Why you shouldn’t spray the mold in the wall

One day you’re just walking into your kitchen to cook something up, when there it is – black spots on the wall. No one likes seeing those black ugly spots. Naturally we want to get rid of it as fast as possible.

Some people choose to deal with black mold by buying a special “mold spray”, usually made of bleach or some other chemical. They spray down the black dots and call it a day. We think this is a big no no and you should hire a professional to remove the mold completely from your home.

That’s too much trouble. I just want to spray it down and move on with my life. 

Okay, maybe so. Maybe it is a lot of trouble. But consider what mold really is.

Black mold is not just ugly black dots ruining your wall. Mold is poisonous bacteria that is not supposed to be anywhere near humans. If you are in the same room as mold and you breathe air (which, we hope you do), there is a very likely chance that some of that microscopic bacteria will enter your lungs.

What happens if mold enters your lungs? You could get an allergic reaction called bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. The symptoms include coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and asthma-like symptoms.

Worse still, this mold might even actually grow inside your lungs!

Imagine you have this poisonous microscopic creature invading your precious lungs and causing chest pains, coughing up blood, and even life-threatening symptoms if the mold spreads past your lungs.

If this mold accumulates in your lungs it could grow into a large mass that can severely damage your lungs. Tumors and cancers might occur if things get really bad.

Ask yourself, is it still worth it to just spray it down? Whatever time and effort you save now, unfortunately you may be paying that cost with your health. Or your family’s health.

When it comes to having a healthy home, we are 100% pro removing any mold in the house. Period. No spray will ever completely kill off the bacteria that has made a home in your wall or floor.

But even worse, the spray will give you a false sense of security by hiding the fact that mold is in your home. You will forget about it and move on with your life, and 6 months later, your wall is starting to crumble and show cracks.

This is what happens. We see it everyday. Infrastructure damage due to letting mold grow for long periods of time.

Your health and your home are some of the most important things in life. On some things, like buying a car or furniture, sure it’s good to cut corners and save on costs if you can.

But for your health, no one should cut corners. For the integrity of your home, definitely not.

We are anti-spray and pro-removing bad mold. Companies like us exist for the sole reason of making sure people are not living in toxic, poisonous conditions.

If you’re unsure if those spots you are seeing are mold or just old paint, give us a call. We have qualified, licensed technicians that will take a sample of the area for laboratory testing and then safely remove it.

If you saw what we see in the microscopes, you would do anything to make sure those toxins don’t enter your body. It’s why we have to suit up in full-body suits for every job, and why we have to throw the suits away once the job is complete. We know what’s really in the wall. Now you do too.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *